Microsoft 365 Business Voice launch – an essential guide
We’re excited to announce the long-awaited launch of voice services embedded into Microsoft Teams, also known as Microsoft 365 Business Voice.
We’ve been working behind the scenes with Microsoft on this ground-breaking internet telephony development as part of its adoption programme. TSG was involved on the advisory group to help shape what voice services within Microsoft Teams should look like.
Microsoft 365 Business Voice will bring all of your business communications together into a truly unified platform.
As the fastest-growing application EVER in the Office 365 suite, Microsoft Teams has quickly become the internal collaboration platform of choice for hundreds of thousands of businesses. Microsoft has gradually been adding the functionality to communicate externally with customers, suppliers and partners, and is now launching its complete telephony solution.
This new cloud-based phone system takes the functionality of Microsoft Teams to the next level and allows businesses to use Teams as a complete unified comms solution all within a single user-friendly application.
This is especially powerful for businesses already utilising Office 365 business applications or investing in the Microsoft ecosystem. Microsoft 365 Business Voice gives you an additional platform to continue on your digital transformation journey and will help you improve your real-time communications.
Webinar – everything you need to know
We hosted a webinar on the day of the announcement to share everything you need to know about Microsoft 365 Business Voice. Our telephony expert, Warren Free, answered all of your burning questions.
We’re also hosting a webinar with a full demo of the platform on 20th November, giving you an exclusive look at this brand-new full telephony platform.
The key benefits of Microsoft Teams unified communications software
Experience true unified communications
- Microsoft Teams unifies all of your communications systems into one single entity:
- Internal and external voice communications
- Instant messaging
- Virtual and in-office meetings
- Long-distance video conferencing
- Use one single platform for internal communications and all customer communications
- A consolidated solution which removes siloed working habits and saves money as you’ll only be paying for one solution
- All of your most important contacts, from colleagues and customers to suppliers, are available immediately with a single contact platform in Office 365
Communicate and collaborate anytime, anywhere
- These collaboration tools are available in the cloud and as mobile and tablet applications. Your people can connect faster and easier wherever they are, on any device
- No more juggling your mobile number with your desk phone number. With Teams telephony you’ll have a single number accessible across computers, mobile devices and desk phones
- Powerful integration with Outlook means you can start calls, schedule and join meetings directly from your core email application
- Improved business processes as colleagues can collaborate with customers and each other in a more effective and efficient manner
Secure, high-availability platform
- Like all Office 365 applications, Microsoft has a 99.9% uptime guarantee. So your telephony system will always be available for your colleagues and customers
- Standard call control and location-based routing functionalities mean your business will never drop a call and your customer will always speak to the right person
- Your communications are protected with Microsoft’s market-leading built-in security, privacy and compliance functionalities as standard
What is unified communications (UC)?
Unified comms uses Voice over IP (VoIP) to bring together all of your business communications into one unified platform in order to:
- Increase productivity
- Reduce expenditure
- Improve collaboration both internally and externally
In today’s always-on world with connected consumers, your clients are expecting your customer service to reflect this.
Microsoft Teams has a highly rated mobile application and the ability to tether your mobile phone to your desk phone number. This means Microsoft’s cloud phone system will not only give your team complete mobility, you’ll also be improving your phone and online customer service.
Even organisations not currently using Microsoft solutions will benefit. With Microsoft telephony, you can implement a full unified communication solution within a single application. This will increase productivity, remove siloed working habits and improve communications both internally and externally.
Find out more about Microsoft telephony
Are you interested in enhancing your business communications to increase productivity, lower your business expenses and improve your customers’ experience? Get in touch with TSG today to find out more about the benefits Microsoft 365 Business Voice will bring to your organisation.
With 10 Microsoft Gold competencies and an army of experts in Office 365, Microsoft Teams and unified comms, we’re perfectly placed to deploy, support and strategically advise on your Teams telephony investment.