Changes to your Opera payroll included in the 2017/2018 payroll release
Summary of statutory changes for 2018
- Auto Enrolment contribution increases: under automatic enrolment, minimum pension contributions are required to increase on defined dates over time.
- National Minimum and Living wage: new warnings and a report to assist with compliance.
- Increase in State Pension Age: by October 2020, the state pension age for both men and women will reach 66.
- New option to always round up pension contributions: some pension providers require that contributions are always rounded up to the nearest pence.
- Real Time Information (RTI): changes for the new Government Gateway and RTI submissions.
- Relaxing of data validation rules: relaxing data recording rules in the Personnel application and customer and supplier deletion in the ledgers.
- PAYE, NI and statutory payments: the rates, bandwidths and thresholds have been updated as per the changes announced in the Autumn Statement and the Scottish Budget.
- Auto enrolment thresholds: these have been updated as per the changes announced by The Pensions Regulator. Electronic P60 formats: these have been updated and approved by HMRC.
- The Personnel Benefits form in the Personnel application has been changed to match minor changes to labels on the P11D introduced by HMRC.