As always at this time of year, HMRC have advised of several changes required to payroll software in order to meet legislation requirements for the 2014/2015 tax year.
These changes mean that your system needs to be upgraded and that this work needs to be implemented before you can complete your year-end reporting for the 2013/2014 tax year. Your Opera system MUST be upgraded before your year end procedure is carried out. You need this program upgrade to be carried out with the minimum of inconvenience and risk to your Opera payroll and your other applications.
Accordingly, we strongly recommend that you book our Opera on-site Update Service as soon as possible.
By using this service you will be assured that;
- The new program routines will be installed correctly
- All Opera system and data backups are complete prior to updating the database (UDS)
- Any Opera system set up issues are resolved to cover program changes
- Your preferred P14/60 and P35 format reports are tested and working
- The tables covering PAYE, NI, SSP, etc. are set up ready for you to implement for the new Tax Year
- Opera payroll and other applications will continue to work satisfactorily
- The Online Filing Manager will be installed and ready for your submissions
Our experience has taught us that due to the complexities of desktop and networked PCs, issues can arise when installing and updating software. By using our highly trained Pegasus team, who are familiar with the potential problem areas, you will minimise any disruption to your business.
Cost of On-site upgrade (excl. VAT)
TSG Contracted customers – Minimum charge of £175 +VAT for up to three hours on site (time thereafter is charged at £110 per hour to the nearest 30 minutes). If you wish to take advantage of our Payroll Upgrade Service please complete the Request a Visit form - details for payment are given below:
Please post your cheque for £175+VAT to:
One Gosforth Parkway
Gosforth Business Park
Newcastle upon Tyne
(referencing on the back of the cheque the correct payroll company name along with "Payroll Upgrade 2014").
It is vital that you check that your hardware and platforms meet the minimum requirements for this upgrade. Pegasus is supported on Windows XP and above including Windows 8 (home editions not supported), also supported on server 2003 – 2012 and SQL server 2005 - 2012.
We want you to have a trouble free Tax Year End and we look forward to making that happen, so please book early to ensure that you get a convenient appointment scheduled.
If you have any queries about the Update Service or any other payroll year end questions then please get in touch.