As Finance Manager your role is to effectively manage the operation of back office processing functions, ensuring the appropriate processes are in place for existing and any new products & services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your core duty is to ensure that the teams and personnel within your Job Dimensions are equipped with the right tools, training and experience to fulfil their role responsibilities. You are therefore wholly responsible for ensuring that all managers/team leaders have complete and up to date appraisals, job descriptions and training & development plans
- Commercial, Credit & Projects Billing
- Ensure that core systems (NAV, CRM) are configured and continually developed to maximise efficiency across all transactional teams
- Provide sign off on non-standard payment/invoicing terms
- Ensure timely, accurate, complete and professional invoicing of goods, services, contracts and licences
- Act as escalation point on credit risk, and ensure that that query debt and 60+ day debts achieve target levels set (likely to be via monthly debt reviews with functional leaders)
- Act as escalation point on queries relating to standard TSG terms and conditions, and where these are referred to TSG’s lawyers, ensuring the timeframe for resolution is managed and communicated.
- Order Processing & Purchasing
- Ensure that SLA’s and agreed KPIs are achieved, and provide clarity to the sales organisation so that order rejections are valid and timely
- Ensure appropriate operational systems are in place to facilitate the capture of sales incentive scheme data
- Evaluate existing and potential TSG Partners, ensuring that processes and systems are put in place to ensure operational effectiveness and commercial compliance
- Ensure any valid supplier rebates/commissions are claimed and managed
- Purchase Ledger
- Ensure the accurate and efficient processing of supplier invoices and employee expenses to a defined and visible timetable and set of KPIs
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to ensure all supplier liabilities are accurately recorded
Mentoring and Leadership:
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to your manager/team leader group
- Provide and receive quality feedback to/from other team members to aid personal development.
- Carry out one-to-one sessions with all direct reports every month and ensure you meet at least monthly with your own manager
- Promote continuous improvement and best practice within the department
Collaboration and Relationships:
- Your key relationship outside of your teams will be with the Sales Operations Manager, [Projects director], Customer Advisor Manager, Sales Directors. You will also liaise closely with TSG Billing Manager to develop migration plans for suitable products to be invoiced on TSG billing platform. This will involve assessing likely customer impact, requirements of our suppliers and communications to wider business informing of such plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Likely to be educated to degree level.
- CIMA or ACA qualified essential
Your skills & knowledge
- Ability to apply commercial acumen to different situations, often under pressure from customers or other internal functions
- Strong judgement and ethics, backed up by a strong knowledge of process
- Sound people management skills
- Experience of working in an operational and dynamic environment
- 3 years’ experience needed working in accounting/management role
- Experience of systems integration/project management beneficial
- Demonstrate ownership of personal, team and departmental work
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactively seek opportunities to improve the Finance function
- Demonstrate commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required
- React positively to new challenges and change