As a lead generator, it is your job to generate “right size” opportunities and find potential clients for the sales team. You are the first step in the prospecting process, and sales teams rely on your persuasive abilities and creative methods of finding potential customers. Your primary tool is usually the telephone, though you also might find new business through email and social media campaigns.
Reporting to the DIAM the role will be to work with a database of prospects that are a mixture of existing, lapsed and new contacts building and maintaining your own business pipeline promoting both IT Hardware and Applications Software. From time to time there may be the requirement to support marketing in campaigns to support events e.g. inviting customers to product awareness events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make telephone calls to prospects
- Keep accurate and detailed records of calls made and results achieved
- Achieve specified targets
- Understand and manage personal performance on a daily basis
- Attend product awareness and training sessions
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of our products and services and the objectives of specific campaigns
- Maintain confidentiality
- Use company script guidelines appropriately and follow detailed briefs to conduct calls
- Provide feedback and input to script and copy development
- Record details of opportunities and lead notes
Communication Skills Lead the Way- This is one job where you really need to have top-notch communication skills, especially verbally. You need to be a good, smooth, calm, enthusiastic talker. At the same time, you can’t hesitate when you first greet potential clients. You have to be able to organize your thoughts to present a clear and convincing argument for prospects to pursue your service or products. You will also need effective writing skills to follow up conversations to cement the lead.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviors
- Educated to level conducive to role demands.
Your skills & knowledge
- Outbound calling or customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills and strong telephone manner
- Proven track record in a sales environment
- Good attention to detail
- Computer literate and experience in database navigation
- Knowledge of the IT industry an advantage
- Ability to write detailed follow up notes for business reporting
- Mature attitude with a capability to discuss business issues
- Confident, self-motivated and commission driven
- Friendly personality and team player.
- Min 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required.
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and practical self-development in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Possess a high work ethic in accordance with role demands, expectation and responsibility.
- Confident and articulate with the ability to build relationships with people at all levels.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve the administration service.