T00255 Service Desk Consultant (End User)
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader you will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving incidents.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Team Leader the role will include remotely diagnosing and resolving incidents using remote access software and verbal communication. A highly motivated and conscientious individual your main areas of responsibility will be:
• Ensure customers tickets are responded to within SLA.
• Ensure communication with the customer is regular with regards to their incident/change request.
• Diagnose and resolve incidents using TSGs remote access tools and verbal instructions.
• Update TSGs ticketing system and technical information repository with detailed notes.
• Liaise with partners and third parties to aid in the resolution of incidents.
• Maintain a high-quality service to our customers
• Mentoring and coaching with regards to the apprentices.
• Act as a technical escalation point for the Service Desk Agents.
• Assist with the creation of best practice, new user and leaver guides.
• Other ad-hoc duties as requested by your line manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• There are no required qualifications, however preference will be given to candidates with Microsoft or other vendor accreditation.
Your skills & knowledge
• Knowledge of a server and networked environment.
• Desktop support experience.
• Knowledge of Backup technologies.
• Experience with Microsoft Exchange and office 365.
• Good time management in relation to prioritising workload based on incoming tickets.
• Good customer service skills and the ability to handle customers’ needs effectively in a variety of circumstances.
• Effective communication skills are essential along with time and workload management skills. You should be able to prioritize your work based on the customers’ needs and have excellent organisational skills to manage multiple cases at the same time.
• Good telephone manner.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills with a confident pro-active approach to work.
• Ability to work in a highly functional team.
• Strong communication and knowledge sharing skills.
• Methodical with attention to detail and the ability to maintain a consistent approach.
• Virtualisation technologies
• Supporting end user devices (tablets, mobile phones, laptops and desktops)
• Hosted telephony
• Enterprise Anti-Virus software, e.g. Sophos
• Printing hardware and software
• A minimum of 1 year’s server and 2 years desktop experience is desirable.
Collaboration and Relationships
With 1st Line Service Desk Agents and apprentices for escalations and advice.
With Application support consultants to act as a conduit in ensuring any tickets escalated to the 2nd Line team are dealt with using the correct prioritisation and internal processes.
With the Service Desk Team Leaders highlighting any issues identified with tickets logged or escalated from application support or service desk agents.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactively seek opportunities to improve the 2nd line function.
• Demonstrate ownership of personal, team and departmental work.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactively seek opportunities to improve job role.
• Demonstrate commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required.
• Demonstrate creativity and react positively to new challenges and change.
• Demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving and be unafraid to challenge convention.
• Demonstrate approachability and inspire confidence and trust in both internal and external customers.