T00345 - Technical Specialist - Home Based
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Have you got experience working as a Technical Sales Specialist?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. TSG have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family. As a business we also love having social events wherever possible – this has included plenty of virtual ones during the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
In addition we love giving back to the community, this year TSG has been continuing to raise money for our newly chosen charity Mental Health UK, so far we have raised over £9000 across the business during 2020 completing a variety of challenges. These challenges included a walkathon which seen 100 TSG colleagues walk the equivalent distance from the organisations Team Valley office to Microsoft's Seattle HQ - a huge 9.6 million steps!
Job Purpose & Responsibilities;
To deliver orders in through the sale of TSG approved products and services in line with individual targets. You will operate across the sales team and clients to ensure consistent and collective sales performance in conjunction with the Service Design Leads and Customer Success Managers. Contribute to orders in GP through high volume transactional sales. Transactional sales are typically defined as those that fall into the sub £10k GP order value pre-cost of sale.
This position can be on a working from home basis, however if you have a TSG office nearby then office attendance may be expected from time to time.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Achievement of aggregate team target as defined throughout the year
- Responsible for individuals’ performance and target over-achievement
- Active participation within key clients and supporting SDLs and CSMs with larger opportunities
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of TSG Technical and Telecoms product portfolio (Office 365, HPE, HPi, Sophos, Datto, Mimecast, Gamma Horizon, etc.)
- Possess working knowledge of TSG Application portfolio (Sage, Pegasus, SharePoint, etc.)
- Engage TSG clients and prospects in a consultative manner to identify and advise suitable product solutions and propositions
- Look for all opportunities to cross and upsell through active engagement throughout the sales cycle
- Provide timely and accurate forecasting throughout the month
- Build and maintain a qualified pipeline in accordance with aggregate targets and conversion levels
- Effective and accurate use of TSG CRM system
- Effective planning and time management
- Strict adherence to TSG’s sales processes and governance
- Possess a high degree of self-awareness and appetite for personal development
- Actively seek coaching, input and guidance from management and colleagues
Knowledge, Skills & Experience;
- Relevant technical or technical sales qualifications desirable
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with key stakeholders
- Commercial awareness
- Proactive and highly organized with strong time management and planning skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Min 3-years in technical sales-based role or appropriate direct customer facing role
- Able to evidence consistent over-achievement and performance throughout career
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve sales
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required. Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change
- Demonstrates self-awareness and practical self-development in pursuit of continuous improvement. Possess a high work ethic in accordance with role demands, expectation and responsibility
What’s in it for you?
- Up to 40k basic salary plus bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of 4%
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexible home-based opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Flexible working day policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building events
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support, including recognised qualifications
If this sound like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.