T00354 - Business Intelligence Consultant - Home Based
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Have you got experience working as a Business Intelligence Consultant?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. TSG have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
As a Business Intelligence Consultant, you will work on all aspects of customer facing BI Projects, from presales and requirements gathering to solution design and installation. Then finally the successful development, implementation, training and handover of the BI solution.
As the BI Practice grows, you will have an emphasis on presales, developing our Customer Success Managers and Service Design Leads to qualify a BI lead, assist with proposals and follow through to project delivery.
As a Practice, we aim to deliver business improvement and efficiency to customers in a wide range of industries. You will focus on extracting, modelling and presenting data in dashboards and reports, which answer the key questions the customer has, taking their data and turning it into knowledge, information and wisdom.
You will be exposed to projects on a variety of product stacks, such Qlik Sense, Power BI and Azure, either individually or as part of a multi-disciplinary team, depending on project size and scope.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver end to end Business Intelligence (BI) projects, using an agile methodology
- Assist the sales cycle via presales activities
- Scope, gather requirements and design appropriate BI solutions
- Install, upgrade and configure Qlik and Microsoft BI products
- Implement BI solutions to meet the customers requirement
- Evaluating existing data sets, providing information on data completion, quality and appropriateness
- Extract data from various data sources, building ETL processes and data models
- Build user friendly, functional, attractive dashboards and reports using data visualisation techniques
- Provide training and facilitate workshops to customers
- Assist the TSG Service Desk, to resolve customer BI issues and queries, acting as an escalation point for the BI Support Team.
- Manage projects following TSG best practices
- UK wide travel and overnight stays to meet customer requirements
- Proactively manage personal development and ‘up skilling’ of technical abilities
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Qlik Sense / QlikView, SQL Server and Power BI
- Qlik Sense / QlikView – Qlik Script, Set Analysis, ETL methodologies, dashboard design and server administration
- SQL Server – SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Power BI – Power Query (M), DAX, ETL methodologies, dashboard design and Power BI Service administration
- ETL, SQL and Data warehousing skills, based on SQL Server
- Data modelling skills including 3NF and dimensional modelling techniques
- Data visualisation skills, using design flair to design beautiful yet functional dashboards
- Understanding of statistics and reporting
- Experience of similar role (Consultancy / customer facing)
- Experience of Business Intelligence presales and sales process
- Experience of developing BI solutions
- Experience of extracting data from multiple data sources and building dimensional models.
- Experience of managing projects
- Experience of gathering customer requirements following an agile process
- Experience of holding workshops and training sessions
- Experience of building visualisations and dashboards
What’s in it for you?
- Up to 45k basic salary depending on experience
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of 4%
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexible home-based opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Flexible working day policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building events
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support, including recognised qualifications
If this sound like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.