T00365 - Internal IT Manager (Infrastructure & Coms) - Newcastle upon Tyne
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Have you got previous experience working as an Internal IT Manager?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. We have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family. As a business we also love having social events wherever possible – this has included plenty of virtual ones during the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
In addition we love giving back to the community, this year TSG has been continuing to raise money for our newly chosen charity Mental Health UK, so far we have raised over £10,000 across the business during 2020 completing a variety of challenges. These challenges included a walkathon which seen 100 TSG colleagues walk the equivalent distance from the organisations Team Valley office to Microsoft's Seattle HQ - a huge 9.6 million steps!
Job Purpose & Responsibilities;
As an Internal Infrastructure & Communications Manager you will be responsible for the management and support of TSG’s IT Infrastructure, ensuring that it provides users with secure, reliable and fast access to core IT systems. This includes the daily operations of the IT Infrastructure, along with defining the longer terms strategy to ensure it meets future business needs.
Reporting to the one of our internal Operations Managers you will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the overall IT estate including on-premise infrastructure, cloud services and all end user devices. You will also be responsible for two direct reports.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Management of the Internal Helpdesk, ensuring that calls are accurately triaged and resolved to the customers satisfaction
- Day to day line management of the front-line support agents
- You will be heavily involved in ongoing system/capability acquisitions and will need to show exceptional judgement in identifying opportunities to improve our internal service offering
- You will have day to day responsibility for managing our security, patching, backup and DR posture. This will include validating that we do what we say we do and running regular DR tests on critical services
- You will have day to day responsibility for ensuring that policies relating to system security and data governance are kept up to date and consistently applied
- Responsible for approving day to day spending on hardware and software, ensuring that services and licenses are purchased without interruption of service and that we give adequate notice to expiring licenses and contracts with suppliers
- Overseeing the starter/leaver process ensuring that users are provided with equipment appropriate to their role
- Although you will be supported by local resources, the role does include an element of travel to branch offices as required
- Responsible for defining potential projects with internal customers and assessing the ROI of such projects
- Planning and delivering internal IT Projects and assessing the ROI of such projects
- Ensuring that TSG’s infrastructure is appropriate for business needs:
- Ensuring that Security Risks are adequately managed, and full Disaster Recovery Procedures are operating
- Manage TSG’s IT and Communications infrastructure (hardware & licensing)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Infrastructure roles
- Strong understanding of core Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Office 365, Teams
- Experience of HP systems including traditional and blade infrastructure, and SAN technologies
- Experience of networking systems, including switching, VOIP, wireless, firewall and WAN technologies
- Strong understanding of Sophos & Datto or comparable products would be advantageous
- Experience on interest in Azure hosting environments would be advantageous
- MCSE or equivalent experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills, including managing to a budget and forecasting spend
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with key stakeholders
- Able to adapt to, embrace and lead change
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile whenever required
- Demonstrates commitment and accountability for your own personal and professional development
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve the IT function/service
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change
What’s in it for you?
- Up to 45k basic salary depending on experience
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of 4%
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexible home-based opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Flexible working day policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building events
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support, including recognised qualifications
If this sound like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.