T00387 - Senior Service Desk Consultant 3rd Line - Glasgow or Newcastle upon Tyne
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Have you got previous experience as a 3rd Line Service Desk Consultant?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. We have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family. As a business we also love having social events wherever possible – this has included plenty of virtual ones during the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
In addition, we love giving back to the community. Over the last year TSG has been continuing to raise money for our chosen charity Mental Health UK, during 2020 alone we raised over £10,000 across the business completing a variety of challenges. These challenges included a walkathon which seen 100 TSG colleagues walk the equivalent distance from the organisations Team Valley office to Microsoft's Seattle HQ - a huge 9.6 million steps!
Job Purpose & Responsibilities;
As a Senior Service Desk Consultant, you will be supporting with escalated incidents from Service Desk Agents, Service Desk Consultants, customers and management. You will be resolving complex tickets and managing those incidents through to conclusion.
Post Covid-19, This position will be based working from home part of the week and from the TSG office the other part so the successful candidate must be located within reasonable travelling distance of Bellshill in Glasgow or Team Valley in Gateshead.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responding to & resolving technical incident escalations via telephone and remote access
- Identify, investigate and recommend corrective actions for client problems
- Prioritising incidents to ensure service levels are met
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of the latest software and technology
- Promoting continuous improvement and best practice within the department
- Improving the skillset of the Service Desk Agents and Service Desk Consultants by feeding back information on resolutions to escalated incidents and basic mentoring and guidance of assigned Service Desk staff
- Assisting in delivering support to TSG’s larger customers at a high level
- Assisting in the resolution of post install issues after TSG projects
- Assisting in the transition of projects to the support team
- Where required attend customer sites to assist with high priority and complex incidents
- Inform Management of any situation with potential to cause serious client dissatisfaction
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Behaviours
- Minimum 3 years’ experience troubleshooting Microsoft applications (Exchange SQL)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Lan/Wan diagnosis
- Other server technologies (Linux/Novell etc.) an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work unattended to required deadlines
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise tasks based on the needs of the customer
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent logical/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with customers at director and Head of IT level
What’s in it for you?
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of 4%
- Perkbox discounts
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexible home-based opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Flexible working day policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building events
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support, including recognised qualifications
If this sound like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.